I came across an interesting read on FT.com. It shares information on a yet to be released paper which reveals that;
- The average age of US startup founders between 2007 and 2014 was a mature 41.9 years old.
- For Tech firms, the average age is actually higher, 43.9.
- This applies to Silicon Valley as well.
- Those firms with a successful exit have an average founders’ age of 47.
- Mean age of founders of most successful firms is 45.
- Probability of extreme success is peaking in the age 45-59.
So, in summary… STAY THE COURSE!